If you recall to last workout article we talked about the difference between Metabolic Conditioning and Metabolic Resistance Training (MRT). If you didn’t get a chance to read about it go here first and then come back to this article.
Today we have a different type of MRT workout that incorporates a structure to progress week upon week. Here is the workout:
1. BB or DB Hang cleans 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 6 reps
1b. DB reverse lunge to overhead press 4 sets of 6 reps
4 sets of 8 reps with a 30 second rest between sets
2. Staggered hand push up’s
2b. Reverse flys
2c. Alt lateral hop chops
Compared to last weeks example where we had the 3 exercises for straight sets and reps, today we have just two exercises and one of them has a scheme where we do a pyramid in reps going from 10 down to 6. I prefer this format for a number of reasons. Here are some of the distinctions that separate the workouts we do in my studio and the Mind Body Transformation Tribe from a lot of the other programs you may see:
1. When you pyramid you go lighter weight with higher reps to increase the metabolic component and get some hypertrophy (muscle building). As you go down in reps you progress up in weight to increase strength and power. Since we are still doing it in a circuit fashion, working the full body and taking ideal minimal rest (the video below explains this better) you’ll get an increased metabolic disturbance during and post workout.
2. Do the same workout for 4 weeks one time per week so you can progress up in weight, down in time completed or up in repetitions with the same weight. This gives the body and opportunity to grow and adapt to the workouts while really pushing it to get stronger. Instead of just doing random movements all the time your bodies neuromuscular connection will increase and you will start to master the actual movements. Before you plateau, which usually happens in about 5 to 6 weeks of the same workout, we will switch up the workouts.
3. We section off the top of the workout with the metabolic resistance training and pair it with the metabolic finisher (this was also covered in the previous article) at the end. The Finisher is so you ensure you are getting the after burn for up to 12-24 hours after your workout. Instead of this just being an interval type of workout it stacks the ideal components for better results during, after and long term. This is incredibly key and actually is superior to doing a split workout on separate days of strength and cardio. It saves time and also compounds results, when paired with the ideal nutrition and rest. Obviously the last two components I cover in depth with our clients in the Mind Body Transformation Tribe.
See the video below for a little bit more depth and instruction on the workout.
Do this workout one day a week for 4 weeks with the intention of increasing your weight on each set by around 5-10lbs each week. Let me know how it goes.
As an addition, i’ve decided to open the Mind Body Transformation Tribe at the old price of $1 trial for July. We need a few more people coming in a testing out the workouts and getting amazing results so we can tweak and improve the program. All of you have pretty direct access to coaching from me and it’s a hell of a steal for getting the real results you want out of both your physique and mind. Starting August we are going to double the monthly price and open a few different offerings to make it better.
We’ve already split the workouts into instruction and streaming follow along as an update. The other updates coming are:
– 1 live presentation with a Q and A with yours truly monthly
– An expert interview with a top personal development, health and fitness or nutrition professional.
I worked with the existing members of the Mind Body Transformation Tribe to improve the service for about a month. We are going to put a few more people into the new version of this program and then close it again to revamp it.
Get in the Mind Body Transformation Tribe for a limited time.
Until next week, go smash this amazing workout and let me know how you do with it!
Your Mind and Body Transformation Coach,