We had a friends party to go to. Every time I get into places like that I have to use an abnormal amount of will power and mind reframing to stay on track. The longer we are at any event like this the harder it gets to stay the course with my health and fitness plan. My goal was to enjoy my meal that I had before I left so much that I wasn’t tempted, I didn’t feel left out and I wasn’t hungry for hours. That meant I needed to have a hearty amount of protein and healthy fats to really last me. I settled on grass-fed beef, avocado and a mix of spices to add some real punchy flavor. Since there were going to be burgers and hot dogs at this party I made sure to mix it into a burger.
Ever had a meal so tasty that you swore you were cheating on your nutrition plan? This one felt just like that for me.
Here is the recipe…
Feeds: Up to 2 people (makes 4 palm sized sliders)
– 16 ounces organic ground grass fed beef
– sea salt
– black pepper
– 1 teaspoon garlic
– 1 organic Haas avocado
– 8 leaves of RomaineCook and prep time: 15 minInstructions:
1. Take a big bowl and mix all of the spices and beef into it. Smash it all together until you see that the beef is covered. NOTE: you may need to add more of the spices as you go. Be wise about the amount of salt because you can over do it.
2. Grab a frying pan and coat the bottom with avocado oil.
3. Put everything into the frying pan and cover the top. Leave cooking until the next step.
4. As the burgers are cooking take a bowl and smash an entire avocado into it turning it into a paste.
5. Flip the burgers and cook until at your desired temperature.
6. Place the romain leaf on a plate, the slider on top of the leaf and then spread the avocado on top.
7. Cover the top with another leaf and serve.
This really hit the spot and did the trick for the time remaining after. I felt full, satisfied and I knew that no matter what they had at the party it wouldn’t top what I just ate. It worked! They did have a seafood paella at the party. After a few hours of being there I wasn’t ravenously hungry and it was easy for me to pick parts of the protein (a few shrimp, crawfish, scallops and sausages) and have a huge plate of their salad.
Remember, the Mind Body Transformation Tribe will be opening again very soon. The improvements are in full effect and those on the waitlist will get a discount at sign up. Head HERE to get on the advanced list.
Your transformation coach,